Wednesday, October 26, 2011

is a passport necessary to travel to the dominican republic? from the U.S.?

i've heard yes, but i've also heard you only need a birth certificate and id.
is a passport necessary to travel to the dominican republic? from the U.S.?
I am been in this country for vacations five times,but last time was really bad.This year will be the last one you could enter to the country with a birth certificate. But last year I went to visit this country and the aduana guys do not treat me well. I went with my husband and my litter son. My husban is withe and my boy is like the Cinnamon color. They stop us in the airport because they thought that our birth certificates were fake. They start asking my six year boy if my husband was his real-father. They treat us like if we were kidnapping our own son. It was a really bad experience. However the experience in the hotel, the expeditions and people is great. So I recommended that if you can make the arrangements to have a passport.
is a passport necessary to travel to the dominican republic? from the U.S.?
not this year!! It starts in 2007, we JUST BOOKED our vacation to the Dominican Republic, and they said this year you need a certified birth certificate (not the orginal from the hsptl) and a ID you are good to go!!
not this year!! It starts in 2007, we JUST BOOKED our vacation to the Dominican Republic, and they said this year you need a certified birth certificate (not the orginal from the hsptl) and a ID you are good to go!!
i would get one anyway. you don't want to be held up or hasseled by customs. plus, if you need one next year, might as well get one now. there will be an insanely long wait for a passport if everyone tries to apply for one at one time. not to mention a passport makes for a good id if you ever need to apply for a job or whatever.
While it is not necessary, it is highly recommended that you have a passport. Go to the link below from the U. S. Embassy in the Dominican Republic regarding this issue.
Take it anyway, you can't go wrong then!

No comments:

Post a Comment